- Fan RenManager, Technical DepartmentChangan Automobile Corp
- Norifumi OgawaStaff Manager, Technical Research DepartmentMazda Motor Corporation
- Martin HauschildHead of Business Line My Journey, Software based Functions and ServiceBMW Group
- Maoyuan CuiSenior Director, Intelligent Connected Vehicle Development InstituteChina FAW Group Co.,LTD
Highly automated driving needs wireless vehicle communication for many reasons, including:
- software updates
- road data updates
- road works information
- dynamic situations (slippery roads, end of traffic queue, etc.)
- direct interactions with vehicles (collision avoidance, braking notifications, merging assistance, priority at stop signs, etc.)
- identifying vulnerable road users (pedestrians, emergency responders, workers, cyclists, etc.)
- signal phase and timing
Regarding these applications, the session will discuss:
- Which applications are needed to achieve highly automated driving on all roads in all conditions?
- How will these applications be accomplished and when?
- What other communication-related elements are needed?
Global experts on the subjects of communications and highly automated driving will gather in this session to discuss their views on the progress and the prospects for communications for vehicles that drive themselves. These experts will explore what progress must be made and when it will happen to enable vehicles with highly automated driving products with extensive operational design domains (ODDs).